The Ebon Hawk Contractors Board
With so much uncertainty in the galaxy, you cannot rely on typical government forces alone to secure your interests. Enter the professional soldier-of-fortune.
The Player posts an open advertisement in need of certain private military services. This can include anything the Client specifies to their imagination, such as personal security detail at social events, advisory on military training or tactical consultations, escorting valuable resources across enemy lines, or taking part in aggressive combat operations. By default, all Mercenary Contract combat is to be conducted and determined by a standard d20 (/roll 20) dice system. Alternatively, the Client Player may allow PvP combat (/duel) as an acceptable form of contract completion. Rewards are "RP credits", though in-game rewards (e.g. actual credits, weapons, armor, mounts, items) are completely optional and encouraged.
How Do I Post a Mercenary Contract?
Every Mercenary Contract must be its own thread, tagged with '[Merc]' in the title, and must contain the following template for the sake of clarity and solidarity. Additional information and graphics are optional and encouraged. Rewards cannot exceed 1,000,000 credits.
Copy+Paste entire template. Replace Caps with the appropriate information.
[highlight=#761413][b]PERSONAL SECURITY / MILITARY ADVISORY / DIRECT ACTION (CHOOSE ANY OR ALL THREE)[/b][/highlight]
[b]Situation:[/b] IN-CHARACTER REASON FOR MERCENARY CONTRACT
[indent][highlight=#761413][b]Mission:[/b] IN-CHARACTER GOALS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED[/highlight]
[b]Desired End State:[/b] IN-CHARACTER HOW THE CONTRACT SHOULD END[/indent]
[highlight=#761413][b]Obstacles:[/b][/highlight] DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY BE IN ENCOUNTERED DURING THE MISSION
[highlight=#761413][b]OPFOR:[/b][/highlight] OPTIONAL - HOSTILE CHARACTER IN-GAME NAME(S) + FACTION
[highlight=#761413][b]Reward:[/b][/highlight] NEGOTIABLE CREDIT AMOUNT (IN-GAME CREDITS / RP-CREDITS / ADDITIONAL REWARDS)
[highlight=#761413][b]Bonus Reward:[/b][/highlight] OPTIONAL BONUS REWARDS
[indent][b]Bonus Conditions:[/b]OPTIONAL BONUS REWARDS CONDITIONS[/indent]
[b]Client:[/b] CLIENT'S NAME (INCLUDE IN-GAME NAME IF APPLICABLE)
[indent]ANY RELEVANT MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION[/indent]
[indent]REITERATE CONDITIONS AND OTHER NUANCES YOU WISH TO BE MADE CLEAR REGARDING THE MERCENARY CONTRACT.[/indent]
How Do I Accomplish A Mercenary Contract?
Any character, regardless of level, may undertake a Mercenary Contract. Mercenaries must accomplish the mission by achieving the DESIRED END STATE or through the engagement/combat methods defined by the Client in order to successfully complete the Contract.
- Unless agreed upon by all parties, all general rules must be adhered to. Failure to do so will result in being placed on the Contractor's Board Blacklist.
- Mercenaries cannot refuse combat from hostile forces. Mercenaries can establish IC Rules-Of-Engagement, be bribed, or flat-out surrender to hostile forces with no resistance, but once OPFOR (Opposing Forces) initiate combat, the Mercenary is obligated to see it through.
- The above does not apply in DIRECT ACTION mission types - the opposite would be true.
- If real rewards are involved, the Client must pay it to successful Mercenaries.
- Defeated Mercenaries must wait 24-hours before they can attempt the contract again.
- Bounty Targets are restricted to hiring only two Mercenaries to act as Known Associates (if they do not have any KA's to begin with).
- The results (success or failure) of each Mercenary attempt must be reported to the corresponding thread with a screenshot.
Standard d20 (/roll 20) Dice System
- All Players start with 4 HP. Reducing an opponent's HP to 0 results in that Player's defeat, and renders them incapacitated for the remainder of the encounter.
- Combat begins after Initiative Roll.
- If both Players roll 20, the Defending Player wins. Otherwise, both Players must re-roll in the event of a tie.
- If the attacking Player rolls 20, they critically hit the target for 2 HP.
- There are no critical failures for rolls of 1.
- Each side (Mercenaries vs. OPFOR) is allotted one AoE attack per encounter.
- It is the responsibility of the Players to truthfully and honestly report Rolls accurately. If Rolls are contested, Players must submit screenshots to validate their rolls; failure to do so will invalidate the encounter. Continued failure to submit screenshots of encounters may result in the offending Player being placed on the Contractor's Board Blacklist.
Player vs. Player (/duel)
- Advisory: This option favors end-level PvP.
- Eligible at the Client's discretion.
- Duel requests can be initiated by either a Mercenary or OPFOR, but if anyone is flagged for PvP, then either party may initiate combat. Engaging AFK Players are not valid kills.
- No Player is allowed to utilize Companions.
Free Form RP Combat
There are no defined rules for the use of Free Form RP to settle engagements, but if all participating Players agree to their own, self-written terms, then the Contractor Board will honor the reported outcome. However, in the event of any disputes between Players, the Contractor's Board will refer to the rules and conditions specified in the listed Mercenary Contract, and therefore, reports will be dismissed accordingly.
Bonus Rewards and Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to know a little bit about the military to do this?
No, although it certainly wouldn't hurt. These are privatized forces who may not always operate in the same way traditional militaries do.
Are these strictly player-on-player interactions or combat?
Not at all! Let's say you want help doing an in-game quest or Operation. You can hire out Mercenaries to aid you, completely IC.
Will there always be OPFOR?
No. OPFOR are not always necessary, such as during MILITARY ADVISORY mission types.
All Rules are subject to change, and all Contracts are subject to the Contractor's Boards moderator's scrutiny.