Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
11 hours ago
owo
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

The Hypernova

19 replies
Bee
Club Hypernova is closing its doors due to most of the officer base taking IRL to the face, and resulting general inactivity. We thank our members for a fun and eventful year, and wish you all good luck in your future pursuits.

A long overdue update!

Though it took a few knocks from Zakuul, and was briefly used as a barracks/munitions depot by the Republic during the war, The Hypernova is still very much running, and, now that things have quieted down on the galactic front, back in its original function. That is, a bar, nightclub and a money-laundering front for a certain mid-level crime boss.

Behind the scenes, though, many of the staff and long-standing patrons harbour sympathies for the anti-Zakuul Alliance, and some have even fostered connections there; rumour has it that the boss himself is secretly financing this latest in the series of large-scale rebellions. Shady stuff still takes place at the club, though a case can be made that not all of it is morally wrong, now.

As such, guild events now emphasise plot and shadiness over fun nights at the bar, though we still try to have those as well. Towards that end, we're looking to recruit people for a few specific roles; more on that below.

Here's what we ARE:

• 18+.
  • ERP friendly. We realise ERP happens, and as long as it happens in private, we are fine with it. Guild chat can get a bit raunchy at times.
  • RP centric. RP is the focus of our organised efforts.
  • Tolerant & open-minded. While not specifically geared towards minorities (LGBTQ+, for example), we have minority members and do our best to be inclusive.
  • Flexible in most terms, especially IC.
  • Loosely criminal/underworld based, with a dash of rebellion.
  • Currently more EU- than NA-based, with most activity taking place in the European evening, or the American afternoon.
  • In possession of a fully (and awesomely) decorated guild stronghold on Coruscant, as well as a guild ship that is currently a work in progress.

Here's what we ARE NOT:

• ERP centric. ERP is a private affair, and our guild events are not focused on it. That said, we have nothing against topless dancers.
  • Jedi/military centric, though both are welcomed.
  • Slave/Sith/Dark Side/d/s guild, though we welcome people who enjoy these themes.
  • Heavily involved in PvE/PvP. Some of our members practice one or both, but they are not organised on a guild-wide level.
  • Economically unstable (we won't beg you for money).
  • Accepting of assholes. While we do not coddle our members, and things like swearing are a-okay, the one rule that trumps them all is that a member should be a decent human being. (We've never had to kick anyone for being an asshole though, go figure!)

And here's what we're LOOKING FOR:

SPECIAL OPPORTUNITIES:

• We could use an officer who is active in the North American prime time, and willing/able to run events then. We have one such officer, but another would be very welcome, as all other officers are currently EU.
  • We could also use a Master of Ceremonies type person - a party planner, if you will, someone to organised light-hearted, casual RP.
  • We are also particularly interested in finding some steady dancers and other staff.

Of course, we're still as open as ever to all kinds of varied concepts:

• Bartenders.
  • Bouncers.
  • Musicians.
  • Entertainers.
  • Patrons.
  • Various criminal scum.
  • Tangentially connected Jedi.
  • Off-duty cops.
  • Soldiers on shore leave.
  • Curious civilians.
  • Scandalous politicians.
  • And anything else you can think of!

If this piqued your interest, do not hesitate to contact us ingame (just /who hypernova; any member should be able to answer questions, or direct you to an officer) or peruse our website at clubhypernova.enjin.com!

First Floor:

QoFd23E.jpg

1: Entrance. The Hypernova staff kindly request that you leave your weapons at the area provided.
2: Game Room. The slot machines are at your disposal at all times; sabacc and pazaak tournaments will be advertised separately.
3: Break Room/Storage. Staff only.
4: Stage. Performances (dancing, live music etc) will be advertised separately.
5: Downstairs Bar & Lounge. Both drinks and meals are available here.

Second Floor:

VrJHHqc.jpg

6: Taxi Pad/VIP Entrance.
7: Balcony.
8: Dance Floor.
9: Upstairs Bar. Drinks only.
10: VIP Lounge. Staff & VIPs only.
11: Office. Staff only.
12: VIP rooms. Staff & VIPs only.
"That will teach you to give a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck."
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP · Last edited Nov 13, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Glad this got off the ground Bee-bee :d! Planning to start being on at an earlier time period too so hopefully I'll see you around <3

Sad I couldn't be around for that Grand Opening event y'all wanted to throw -- Eve would have loved to come and perform. If you need Décor, snatch me up next time you see me and I'll throw my wealth of stuff at you if you guys can scrape the credits together :d
Posted Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Untagged users
Good folks here. Gonna' be vendoring away at their opening event, should stop in and check it out if you didn't plan on doing so already!
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." ~ Harvey Dent
Posted Sep 1, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Bee
Thank you both. :)

I think we're pretty set on decorations for the time being, but if I think of anything specific, I'll ask you first! And hey - no law says you can't come perform at some later date!
Posted Sep 1, 15 · OP
Empire
Jak Rybern approves.

“We have only one story. All novels, all poetry, are built on the never-ending contest in ourselves of good and evil. And it occurs to me that evil must constantly respawn, while good, while virtue, is immortal. Vice has always a new fresh young face, while virtue is venerable as nothing else in the world is." -- John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Posted Sep 1, 15
Neutral
Cross-posting this in the guild ads for a little update + showing the interior.
Little bump since we've got 100% stronghold completion (basically 'lots of decorations and rooms') and could do with some more random passers-by.

Gambling room has some actual gambling machines that give you rep with the contrabrand resale corporation - apparently they're not so useful for that rep grind now but it's nice to watch them light up when you win something. Like idk, winning roll fights except it costs 500 credits a shot.
At some point, we're going to have a gambling contest utilizing one of the game tables but if you have the people feel free to just start gambling on your own.
Spoiler: Show

The main bar has a stage, if you want a performer-type character to arrange for a show or something. Or a random drunk to hijack a mic and assume they know how to do karaoke.
psst. music people. those would be nice.

Upstairs there's another bar with a spacious floor for dancing, plus clickable jukebox. A few of the rooms have those actually so if you want to click them for atmosphere go nuts. Just bear in mind smacking several of them at a time winds up sounding like one of those 'layered' videos if you aren't careful.

Behind that bar there's a VIP room section, one of them has a tv and a bed - if you feel like Rping a celebrity or someone that sneaks up to kick back, watch a program and eat cheesepuffs or whatever.

Guild strongholds can have non-members invited to them but no keys granted so if you're curious, whisper me on Laféyette/Carmynne/Lokkíe/Akoshal and we could set up a casual tea-drinking scene together. Not got an American timezone going for me but I'm online often.
Posted Sep 18, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
I've recently joined these nice folks on Mak'Eeth. Haven't spent nearly enough time with them, but heavily endorse the guild, great bunch to be around.
Posted Nov 1, 15
Neutral
Bump. We still exist and we're planning events for the new year - first of all a little new years' party event on the third of January 7pm GMT/2pm EST. Nothing special planned but it's a little practice run at hosting public Rp again so feel free to pop along and bring buddies if that's your thing.

We can fit a variety of people - 'erp-friendly' notes on other ads aside, we've got folk that don't erp at all and it doesn't really come up as a guild thing. There's people that are on near-daily, people that log in once in a blue moon, party events in future, pick-up-this-mercenary-job-and-head-out-to-a-/roll-fight events, casual bar Rp in between that...If it sounds like your thing, feel free to throw in an application - takes a few days at most for us to get back to you.
Posted Jan 2, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Bee
The Hypernova is still very much around - here's an updated ad! Enjoy! :)
Posted Feb 28, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Bump 'cause we still exist and stuff.
Posted Mar 11, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page