Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 11

Resolved Self-Deletion of Posts/Thread Redux

91 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In light of Gruuvan's clarifiction in the "[suggestion] Allow the self-deletion of threads" thread, with regards to how the poll question was originally proposed, this thread will represent a formal revision of the poll question to better define the topic: Should Users be Allowed to Delete their Own Threads and Posts?

Warning
Before you vote, I would like to make clear a few technical stipulations and limitations imposed by Enjin:

• Self-Deleted threads and posts are forum-wide, and cannot be regulated to specific forum boards or sub-forums.

• If the Original Poster deletes a thread that was replied to, only the first post will be deleted, and all post-replies will remain intact. Therefore, the actual thread will not be deleted, if it was replied to.

• If a post is edited or deleted, the action will be logged in the Forum Logs in Enjin's Administrative Dashboard (viewable only to Administrators and Moderators), but the content will be lost without the option for recovery. Content modification history is reserved for websites with Enjin's Ultimate Plan; EH Community has the Advanced Plan, and therefore cannot keep a detail record of content modifications.
Yes, Users should be able to delete their own posts.
38 votes
47.5%
Indifferent.
5 votes
6.3%
No, Users should not be able to delete their own posts.
37 votes
46.3%
Number of voters: 80
Poll is closed
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 1, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Untagged users
I was gonna suggest that Eve but imagined Vivek would oppose the idea.

I highly recommend the ultimate plan, enjin just isn't what it should be without it.

I mean, I probably won't ever invest into this community financially because I don't feel like I get anything out of it... but that's just me personally. Seems like there are enough people here forking up cash for it though. So I don't see the problem. There are different options for contributing too. You can put down 7.99 for one week or something like that if I remember correctly. So it would probably still get paid for.
Posted Sep 2, 15
Neutral
Could tie a Patreon to the Paypal account the plan pulls from so everyone who wants to contribute can do so in small amounts per month.
Posted Sep 2, 15
Untagged users
True.
Posted Sep 2, 15
Neutral
Though -- Vivek and Krek would have to be on board with the idea and considering they'd have to pick up the slack if the donation pool gets low -- I don't think they'll be too hot about it.
Posted Sep 2, 15
Empire
I'd advocate away from involving third party fund-raising sites, a Paypal, and this website in any capacity together. As it stands, the site has plenty of donation-models available, including a subscription system that's built in and maintains Enjin's current levels of anonymity.
Posted Sep 2, 15
Untagged users
Tel-Raan knows more about trust and having trust abused than you know. I recommend stepping back and calming down.

I am ca

And from the arguments he's made, the way he plays, it doesn't seem like he does.

Right. While part of me wants to mention that we have never "played" together, and you know nothing about me privately, etc etc., part of me also wants a sandwich. I have made the point I was trying to make abundantly clear, you are welcome to think whatever you want, I am going to have a sandwich. It will be exponentially more satisfying than continuing to debate with you.

Buon Appetite to me!
e1f8e13771e44d90.png
Posted Sep 2, 15
Neutral
wrote:
Tel-Raan knows more about trust and having trust abused than you know. I recommend stepping back and calming down.

I am ca

And from the arguments he's made, the way he plays, it doesn't seem like he does.

Right. While part of me wants to mention that we have never "played" together, and you know nothing about me privately, etc etc., part of me also wants a sandwich. I have made the point I was trying to make abundantly clear, you are welcome to think whatever you want, I am going to have a sandwich. It will be exponentially more satisfying than continuing to debate with you.

Buon Appetite to me!

I was referring to the discussion on Combat Resolving. "I don't trust anyone not to be an asshat."
Posted Sep 2, 15
Untagged users
wrote:

I am ca

Buon Appetite to me!

I was referring to the discussion on Combat Resolving. "I don't trust anyone not to be an asshat."

Mmmm roast beef and swiss. But yes, I don't. Fortunately for you, it's not something you have to worry about.
e1f8e13771e44d90.png
Posted Sep 2, 15
Neutral
Quite, but now I'm jelly of that sandwich. -eyes wrapped up Roast Beef sub for tomorrow-
Posted Sep 2, 15
Page
of 11
NoticeNotices