Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 11

Resolved Self-Deletion of Posts/Thread Redux

91 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In light of Gruuvan's clarifiction in the "[suggestion] Allow the self-deletion of threads" thread, with regards to how the poll question was originally proposed, this thread will represent a formal revision of the poll question to better define the topic: Should Users be Allowed to Delete their Own Threads and Posts?

Warning
Before you vote, I would like to make clear a few technical stipulations and limitations imposed by Enjin:

• Self-Deleted threads and posts are forum-wide, and cannot be regulated to specific forum boards or sub-forums.

• If the Original Poster deletes a thread that was replied to, only the first post will be deleted, and all post-replies will remain intact. Therefore, the actual thread will not be deleted, if it was replied to.

• If a post is edited or deleted, the action will be logged in the Forum Logs in Enjin's Administrative Dashboard (viewable only to Administrators and Moderators), but the content will be lost without the option for recovery. Content modification history is reserved for websites with Enjin's Ultimate Plan; EH Community has the Advanced Plan, and therefore cannot keep a detail record of content modifications.
Yes, Users should be able to delete their own posts.
38 votes
47.5%
Indifferent.
5 votes
6.3%
No, Users should not be able to delete their own posts.
37 votes
46.3%
Number of voters: 80
Poll is closed
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP · Last edited Sep 1, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
anigif_enhanced-buzz-32137-1412724557-37.gif
u 2 r cool
Posted Sep 2, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
awh man wish i could deltete that post
Posted Sep 2, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Why would you? I want to watch that gif all day.
The Unbreakable Legacy
"I've had five years to get good and pissed off." - Mai Cash
Posted Sep 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Accountability on the internet. Lol.
Posted Sep 3, 15
Neutral
fuck you guys; this site sucks more ass than a businessman in Saigon with a 10% off coupon for a street whore.

AKA swtor erp.
eODvUR5.gif
Posted Sep 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
^ I can't delete that. Good job guys.
eODvUR5.gif
Posted Sep 3, 15
Empire
Quite, but now I'm jelly of that sandwich. -eyes wrapped up Roast Beef sub for tomorrow-
wrote:
^ I can't delete that. Good job guys.
Accountability on the internet. Lol.
wrote:
awh man wish i could deltete that post

Alright, this is getting extremely off topic. Please focus on the discussion at hand. We're trying to figure out what the userbase wants from us, and it would be kind if people contributed meaningfully.
Posted Sep 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
We're trying to figure out what the userbase wants from us

The number for Sinclair's stylist. The guy looks SHARP!

Seriously though, at this point I sincerely hope that the people voting yes aren't under the impression that they "aren't being treated like adults" or voting because they believe they are "pestering the mods" if the ask for a post to be deleted. You are being treated like adults and you wouldn't be pestering anyone. And those who are opposed to deletion shouldn't be talking about "accountability" and at the worst, hostility. That's both counterproductive and dangerous.

This is an "issue" (I use that word hesitantly, is this really that big of a deal? How many of you actually noticed we couldn't delete posts until someone brought it up?) of convenience, and whether or not it might be nice to delete unwanted posts without having to ask a moderator. There are many many many forums that allow people to delete their own posts, and those forums are still alive.

Most importantly, you guys shouldn't be using this thread as a way to indirectly criticize the moderators who do nothing but love us.

“We have only one story. All novels, all poetry, are built on the never-ending contest in ourselves of good and evil. And it occurs to me that evil must constantly respawn, while good, while virtue, is immortal. Vice has always a new fresh young face, while virtue is venerable as nothing else in the world is." -- John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Posted Sep 3, 15 · Last edited Sep 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Looks like the Poll is pretty evenly split. The win will come down to a few votes. If you have an opinion on this guys -- and haven't voted, please do, you can make the difference for or against this topic.
Posted Sep 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 11
NoticeNotices