Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1391]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 6

Resolved [Suggestion] Allow the self-deletion of threads.

47 replies
Empire
Title more or less says what the suggestion is. People should be able to delete their own threads. I searched and couldn't find this suggested before.

So, the question is: Can you handle deleting your own threads responsibly and when appropriate?
Yes.
36 votes
52.2%
No.
33 votes
47.8%
Number of voters: 69
Poll is closed
Posted Aug 30, 15 · OP
Empire
wrote:
So, the question is: Can you handle deleting your own threads responsibly and when appropriate?

.. just, wow.

I mean, you want people to be able to delete their own threads, cool. At least make the question less leading and manipulative.
TBhRGHa.png
Posted Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
wrote:

.. just, wow.

I mean, you want people to be able to delete their own threads, cool. At least make the question less leading and manipulative.

I'm sorry you felt manipulated.
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP
Empire
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

.. just, wow.

I'm sorry you felt manipulated.

I have no pony in this race. I couldn't care less whether you can delete your own threads or not. Just know that your question is written terribly and skewed to lead to a specific outcome. You're basically asking if someone is responsible, click yes, and if they click no then they're unable to handle the "responsibility" of having the power to delete their own thread.
TBhRGHa.png
Posted Aug 31, 15 · Last edited Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
wrote:
~snip~

I'm sorry it came off that way to you. The literal question is a bit tongue-in-cheek, a little bit of a joke. Hopefully we can get it reformulated to better represent the spirit of the question.
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP · Last edited Aug 31, 15
Empire
Gruuvan wrote:

I'm sorry it came off that way to you. The literal question is a bit tongue-in-cheek, a little bit of a joke. Hopefully we can get it reformulated to better represent the spirit of the question.

This alone is the reason I voted no. Perhaps at this point Gruuvan wishes he could delete the thread in its entirety. I would rather have discussions preserverd on a parliamentary procedure front, where a motion that is being discussed is the property of the body, not the individual who proposed it.

Also, I would like to have it preserved that this issue was presented as a "joke" by the OP, especially if a second, non joke proposal is made.
Posted Aug 31, 15 · Last edited Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Have it preserved that the literal poll question was a bit of a joke at the fact we are not allowed to delete our own posts, asking "are you able to handle such a responsibility".

What I'm asking here is absolutely serious.
Posted Aug 31, 15 · OP · Last edited Aug 31, 15
Empire
This alone is the reason I voted no.
So, in other words, we know at least 1 vote in the no category is not valid since you were not actually voting on the poll in question. ;)

I took the wording as tongue in cheek.

Everyone's so touchy.
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
You are both missing the point. I want it preserved since the original post and the discussion are the property of the board, not the original poster anymore. I want if preserved that a manipulative poll question was asked and the original poster attempted to save face by claiming if was a joke. I don't think either opinions make my vote invalid.

I may be arguing spirit v. letter, but then, so are many others. Even the OP is trying to argue spirit when he claims it was a tongue in cheek joke. Perhaps we should just throw out the entire poll as invalid?
Posted Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
It sounds to me as though you're taking offense over a perceived insult when it seems pretty plain to me that the question was made in sarcasm, though his intent is sincere.

Either that or you're looking to pick a fight for whatever reason.

Regardless, it doesn't seem as though anyone else is having the same issue or taking the same offense.
alex is cool
Posted Aug 31, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices