Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1410]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 9

[SPOILERS!] KotFE (4.0) Spoilers Discussion

84 replies
Neutral
wrote:
I'm not sure how Antarus would react to half his Order being killed off, but I must say he will not be pleased. I don't think killing off the Scions was overly popular, either.

Dammit BioWare, stop giving my loyalist Knight good reasons to betray the Throne.

The thing is -- its not like they're even being executed -- Every Knight is being forced to fight antoher Knight to the Death. That's worse than a mass execution on a personal level to me.
Posted Feb 10, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
wrote:
I'm not sure how Antarus would react to half his Order being killed off, but I must say he will not be pleased. I don't think killing off the Scions was overly popular, either.

Dammit BioWare, stop giving my loyalist Knight good reasons to betray the Throne.

The thing is -- its not like they're even being executed -- Every Knight is being forced to fight antoher Knight to the Death. That's worse than a mass execution on a personal level to me.

Keep in mind that the Knights of Zakuul, like every other citizen of Zakuul, are fanatically loyal to Valkorian and the Eternal Throne. They've been subject to Vaylin for years, and in spite of how crazy we know Vaylin to be, they are still fiercely loyal. I would imagine this arena thingy they're being forced to do is a rite of passage for up and coming Knights, but are being asked to participate once more because Arcann fears there is weakness and doubt among his ranks. From the standard Knight's perspective, the last thing they want to be branded is as unfit for their position (weak), or even worse, a traitor; so they'll willingly undergo these trials, and they'll do their damned best to prove just how loyal they are.

Granted, we have seen "defection" through the Scions and Senya, and even doubt in the one or two Knights the Outlander came across in the earlier Chapters. Unfortunately, we can't take those at face value because the Scions and Arcann have always hated each other, so, naturally, they saw that coming a mile away. Yet! The Scions still believe in their traditions and all that jazz; their issues are with Arcann on a personal level, not with Zakuul in any sense of the word. The same can be said of Seyna. She has the unique perspective of intimately knowing Arcann, Vaylin, and Valkorian, and probably shouldn't be used as an example given the circumstances. The doubt in those one or two Knights? Yeah... that's dependent on a light/dark side choice, and isn't very concrete because they still pursue the Outlander.

So! Fanatically loyal is something that needs to be kept in mind at all times. There may be increasing doubt in Arcann as time goes on, but any single individual who was born and raised on Zakuul is going to be hard pressed to drop the only life they know, or jeopardize their positions of honor within their culture.
Posted Feb 10, 16 · Last edited Feb 10, 16
Empire
Yeah Zakuulans are an odd mix of arrogance, frivolous nature as well as wide eyed naivety.

They are simply drones for Valkorion (or now his childrens') will and I doubt they got the mental capacity to ever do anything than simply obey. Unlike other villains like Sith, they got very little will of their own in general, but are very pampered and very confident lackeys due to Arcann having a fleet nobody can match so far. Its a big I-win button and the mooks feel invincible since their boss has it.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Feb 10, 16
Empire
Just a few thoughts coming fresh off of finishing the chapter:

• I thought the length of the Chapter itself was fine. I think I clocked in around an hour or an hour and a half, maybe, which was about on par for the other chapters presented. That doesn't really make up for the three month wait, but if they keep up that length for their monthly releases I think they'll be fine.
  • HK stuff was short and pretty lame. Have yet to touch Blizz's stuff, but if it's of a comparable length to the other companion stuff, it might be in their best interests to include more companions in future chapters.
  • Some nice Zakuul lore drops, or at least clarifications on information provided prior.
  • Kaliyo gives me extremely mixed feelings. It's possible that I never saw her enter the 'freaking creepy' territory like she does during the middle section of this chapter having never done much of the Agent story, but parts of this thing made me almost uncomfortable. SWTOR doesn't necessarily stray from dark territory, especially with Dark Side choices, but the stuff in this chapter almost felt like it didn't even belong. It's hard to really pinpoint why this gave me the creeps where stuff like the possibility of nuking a section of Zakuul prior didn't, but it did. Yet at the same time, I don't mind Kaliyo when she's like she is at the end of the chapter. It's as if there's two different characters Bioware wants to have and they just switch between them when they feel like.
  • Arcann and Vaylin still work, even if the stuff Arcann commands doesn't really make sense, aside from potentially setting up future stuff. Part of me feels like someone at Bioware decided they should add a combat arena to the game, maybe as a fit for Bowdaar, and THEN they decided how they could actually work it into the story itself. That said, seeing more of them in future chapters wouldn't hurt, yet at the same time I don't want Bioware to overuse them.
  • My biggest complaint with the chapter, easily, is how annoying the combat sections got. Playing a stealth class it got obnoxious to be pulled out of stealth for yet another fight, which seemed to run for far longer than it had any right to. While this is pretty much how SWTOR has operated up to this point, it's generally much further spread out, rather than happening in such a condensed area. On top of that, the enemies seemed so placed together that there were points where I worried that I'd actually somehow die, just because I didn't have a moment to recuperate my health.
  • Strapping Kaliyo to you for the entire Chapter only makes that last problem worse, considering I assume had I had the companions I'd actually invested time in thus far, they never would have died, unlike Kaliyo who managed to fall in combat no less than three times.
  • I'm still interested in seeing where future chapters go, but I very much hope that they feel like including the characters introduced prior rather than leaving them on the sidelines. Seeing your original KotFE posse at the chapter's bookends just doesn't work for me. That said, bookending chapters with old companions interacting with each other ala SCORPIO and Kaliyo is great, and I'd love to be able to see more of that elsewhere.
  • The final fight has insane levels of hand movements. Like. I think his hands were possessed by spirits they were moving so much. I think his hands were cybernetics that had received the AI equivalents of fish they moved so much. They squirmed like they were on fire, they moved so much. I think the dude might have been conducting an orchestra from over a long distance, they moved so freaking much.
Posted Feb 11, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
This chapter was interesting for me because it really made me think about the end game of it all, if the Alliance win what do they do with all this technology they're now getting access to? How would their populaces react?
Posted Feb 12, 16
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices