Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1410]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 9

[SPOILERS!] KotFE (4.0) Spoilers Discussion

84 replies
Empire
Do we know which planets got nuked?
Posted Feb 10, 16
Neutral
I think they were deliberately kept vague/one-note and nameless so they wouldn't have to remodel anything as "super wrecked city", so no idea.
Posted Feb 10, 16
Vivek x
Banned users
wrote:
spoiler regarding mandalorians:
Spoiler: spoilers ahoyShow

Okay, I apologize if this comes off as annoying or redundant, but I'm trying to separate the different levels of "spoilers" going on here. For any datamining discussions, please refer to the Datamine Feed thread. Datamined info can still be changed, and I'm sure people don't want spoilers within their spoilers.

Otherwise, feel free to use this thread for current Chapter discussion, at least until February 18th, when we lift the Chapter 10 no-spoilers thingy.

wrote:
Do we know which planets got nuked?

Nope! Five random worlds that Arcann believes to have ties to the Alliance (which Lana confirmed that there are absolutely zero ties), and we're not even what correlates to the Eternal Empire's sectors (how they organize the galaxy): Core worlds, Mid Rim, Outer Rim? Who knows? Csilla? We can only hope ;)
Posted Feb 10, 16
Neutral
Personally with the chapter as a whole, I was disappointed with the fact that it was basically a drawn out alliance mission, with little storytelling in regards to the alliance's struggle against Zakuul.

Granted they are trying to pull a type of "show" type effect with this KotFE saga, but new episodes for TV shows are -weekly-, not -monthly-. That's my complaint.

In regards to the furthering of the story, the planets that were bombarded were most likely random and not one of the Core Worlds (or playable worlds rather), so what planets were glassed is certainly up to debate. And the use of the fleet, certainly more used as a scare tactic, not that it's their only option, as a matter of fact, with the Gravestone running around, it would be a BAD idea to use the fleet.

Back to the scare tactic, if you disagree, imagine instead of a Star Fort hanging over your head, and when it goes off, well, yea, but instead of a fort, imagine a countless number of ships surrounding your planet your HOME, and bombarding everything in sight, fire raining from the sky, and that's all you can see.

I don't know about anyone else, but being on my own planet and hearing about it, I would be scared out of my wits for that to happen to my home.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Feb 10, 16
Empire
Eh a starfort is just as scary. But yeah they are random planets I think.

Also, considering even Crazy Vaylin was apalled by Arcann's idea, I think it means ALL the knights, not only those stationed at Zakuul Main Spire right in that instant.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Feb 10, 16
Neutral
Kind of digging the survivors' guilt angles, I mean the patch brings something to make both knights and rebels feel shitty so there's a lot to respond to.

...also good point on Vaylin, this is the person that killed three extra knights because "I hate odd numbers" so the loss having to be particularly significant to bother her makes sense. yes I know it's a silly throwaway joke line but how many knights has she stabbed?
Posted Feb 10, 16 · Last edited Feb 10, 16
Contractor's Board
Donor
Empire
After a second playthrough, it turns out Vaylin was the one who picked those 5 nameless albeit heavily populated planets. The bit about Arcann "believing" them to be Alliance holdouts was a purposeful lie for propaganda reasons.

I'll still cling that at least 1 of them could have had a Fort in orbit at some point, knocked out by either the Outlander or the Alliance during the interlude :p
Posted Feb 10, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Eh I doubt bombarding Hoth would do much good. What, the ice melts and wampas go angry? Its mostly pirates and empty wasteland.
So is Tatooine and Belsavis.

Shadda, Alderaan and Voss are too plot important to get dusted I think. Also Voss has like 1 city and it IS affiliated with the resistance, they sent them the mystic lady.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Feb 10, 16
Untagged users
Well, it certainly places a pressure onto my Knight and now I have to think of way to handle how he might respond. Five worlds burning? Half the Order killed? It's pretty bad.

Especially considering a good majority of Knights were loyal more to Valkorion and with Arcann making these huge orders like massacring the Scions and wiping out half the Order? I can't imagine Knights NOT dissenting.
Posted Feb 10, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Are the worlds literally rendered dust or just bombed to hell on the surface? When the npcs talk about it there's a display of skyscrapers that are burning but still standing.
Posted Feb 10, 16
Page
of 9
NoticeNotices