Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

[RP] So you want to RP at a bar: A few tips!

21 replies
Empire

There's actually a huge discussion about authority in RP on another thread, and it's nuanced and complex to say the least.

I'm more of the opinion that if you play a Lieutenant and another player who you don't know plays a Moff, it's to your credit if your respect the rank, regardless if you agree with it. If you don't like it, the universe is large, and you chose the rank. Likewise, if you don't like a bartender being in charge, you can go to another bar. Standing around, disrespecting the order of things, serves no purpose.

Suffice that we can agree to disagree here.

I think we're talking about two different things, and you're right that its an issue better discussed on that other thread. I'll be happy to concede for the sake of keeping the thread relevant, but I welcome your thoughts in private if you so choose.

“We have only one story. All novels, all poetry, are built on the never-ending contest in ourselves of good and evil. And it occurs to me that evil must constantly respawn, while good, while virtue, is immortal. Vice has always a new fresh young face, while virtue is venerable as nothing else in the world is." -- John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Posted Nov 2, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
To further this discussion about ranks and conflicts. There has been one recent development which annoys my irl; people neglecting actual military rules / regs when attempting to rp a military toon.

For example. A guard (Regardless of Rank) on duty literally outranks everything. Even admirals, generals, etc. A boot PFC on duty actually outranks the Supreme Commander. This is a known fact from every single military organization around the world. You can not pull rank to blow off a guard IC without serious consequences. You'd actually be facing a court martial for doing so. And can be detained for impersonating an individual of that rank / stature.

When it comes to Imperial RP. I understand it's likely when a Sith comes across a guard. They'll just kill him out of sheer IC arrogance. Which i suppose is acceptable. But do you really want to be -that- guy to force another individual to permadeath because you had to act all hard?

It's not that hard.

http://ebhawk.enjin.com/forum/m/17460172/viewthread/28828094-what-legitimizes-ic-authority as I understand it, the thread I just linked is the correct one to have this discussion. This thread is about bars and drinking.

“We have only one story. All novels, all poetry, are built on the never-ending contest in ourselves of good and evil. And it occurs to me that evil must constantly respawn, while good, while virtue, is immortal. Vice has always a new fresh young face, while virtue is venerable as nothing else in the world is." -- John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Posted Nov 26, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices