Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

[Lore] The Miralukancyclopedia!

15 replies
Empire
Or, all you ever wanted to know about Miraluka but were afraid to ask. As I mentioned earlier, I will try to make a compendium of all useful info on the Miraluka. By no means is this set in stone; half of this is my extrapolation, but not fact. Use of this guide is not required to be a 'real' Roleplayer, if there is such a thing, but mostly as a standard I have personally used and thought would be worth sharing. Anything that is my fanon will be marked in red. Most of canon will be liberally borrowed from Wookiepedia. Please comment, especially if you have something to quibble with my fanon. I would rather it be consistent than anything else. And yes: WORK IN PROGRESS!
Spoiler: DemonymShow
Spoiler: OriginsShow
Spoiler: AppearanceShow
Spoiler: BiologyShow
Spoiler: PopulationShow
Spoiler: SightShow
Spoiler: PoliticsShow
Spoiler: ReligionShow
Spoiler: CuisineShow
Spoiler: Luka SeneShow
Spoiler: Alpheridies ItselfShow
Posted Apr 27, 15 · OP · Last edited Mar 9, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I love this, just as I love our conversations about our kind IC! Thanks so much!
Smooth seas do not make a sailor.

Public Dossier
Imperial Accord
Posted Apr 28, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Added a little section on Demonyms, as this is a pet peeve of mine. We're not Miralukans, we're just Miraluka! I shall put more up after work.

New section about biology, still unfinished.
1f144f0f910edc97.png
Posted Apr 28, 15 · OP · Last edited Apr 28, 15
Empire
Politics section is under construction! Sight is nearly done.
1f144f0f910edc97.png
Posted May 5, 15 · OP · Last edited May 5, 15
Empire
The religion section is up. This is the most blatant of fanon I shall write into this. ... Okay, maybe I'll find more.
Posted May 13, 15 · OP
Neutral
Great write up! I've been thinking of making a blindy and this sure will be helpful there!

One question, is there any sources on what the assorted 'degrees' of Force connection the Miraluka can have? Obviously to not be actually blind they need a moderate amount but at the same time obviously they can't be an ENTIRE race of full on Jedi. Is there any canon (in game as well) exploration of what a 'not very sensitive' Miraluka is like?
Posted May 13, 15
Empire
The Canon Miraluka I know of are Culu, Visas Marr, and Jerec, all of whom were pretty strongly Force-Sensitive. There are no examples of non-Force sensitive Miraluka, so I am afraid I can't give a definite answer.

As for my fanon, however, I envision a normal Miraluka to be like a normal human in terms of Force-Sensitivity and ability, besides their ability to see in all directions. However, given that Miraluka were Sensitive enough as a race to get their own Jedi Academy at Culu Memorial Center, I picture them to have a higher proportion of sensitives than average. If, say, one in a million humans is Force Sensitive, for example, Miraluka might be one in a thousand. Using my estimate of Alpheridies population as being under 5 million, given the official population at 1 million during the Great Sith War, an unusually high number of Miraluka are Sensitive, though far from the majority.

I would say that most Miraluka are sensitive enough to qualify for Jedi selection, but most would not be able to pass for tests and would be placed into the Agricultural corps, like my theory for how their ancestors were. I hope this helps!
1f144f0f910edc97.png
Posted May 13, 15 · OP
Empire
Ever heard of the phrase "Sci-fi writers have no sense of scale"? Do you know how scarce a race of about 1 million should be in a galaxy of quadrillions? Yeah. The population section is up, hidden in there! Like Religion, this is very quibble worthy. Suggestions? Fanmail? Death threats? Send them my way!
1f144f0f910edc97.png
Posted May 19, 15 · OP
Donor
Empire
I have the Ultimate Alien Anthology and thought you'd like these pages for your Miralukan Encyclopedia. The Ulatimate Alien Anthology is exceptionally useful to read, I hope it's not a bother.
Spoiler: Images!Show

Posted Jun 3, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Ooh, thanks a ton!
1f144f0f910edc97.png
Posted Jun 3, 15 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo