Apr 19 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1362]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 21

Dev Tracker

202 replies
Empire
Patch Notes for Game Update 4.7.2
SWTOR.com wrote:
Game Update 4.7.2

Highlights
Bounty Contract Week Returns! Hunt wanted criminals in this returning event. The event begins October 4th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST and ends October 11th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST.
Relics of the Gree is back! The Gray Secant has been spotted on Ilum, which means only one thing: The Relics of the Gree Event is back! From October 18th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST to October 25th at 4:00AM PDT/12:00PM BST, Black Bisectors are called upon to lend a hand!

General
  • There is no longer placeholder text in the Pack Opening Confirmation Dialogue option and tooltip in the French and German client’s Pack Opener.
  • Conversation text can now be seen on the Mission “Shining in the Darkness” in the French and German clients.
  • Fixed an issue that caused weapons to appear under some Droid Companions if equipped.
  • Rancor Decorations now require Large Hooks.
  • The Ziost loading screen now has the correct background.
  • The visual effects of Blade Storm and Zealous Strike are no longer lagging on Jedi Sentinels.

Cartel Market
  • The loin cloth of the Wicked Huntress’ Robe is no longer static.

Missions + NPCs
  • Fixed an issue where it could become impossible to converse with Rusk at certain Influence levels on the Mission “Bonds of Duty.”
  • Added missing visual effects in the ‘Shroud of Memory” Chapter.
  • Fixed an issue that caused areas of the Battlecruiser in Chapter XV to disappear at certain camera angles.
  • The Companion Interaction UI is no longer blank after recruiting Rusk.

Warzones
  • Leveling out of a PvP bracket while in a Warzone will no longer cause a player to be backfilled into the match, creating uneven teams.
Posted Oct 3, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Regarding Credit Sellers/Spammers:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

As you may know from previous posts on the topic, when it comes to credit sellers we will often do a large takedown at one time. This allows us to have the largest impact on the credit sellers without them being able to react. Today was one of those instances.

With today's maintenance we acted on a few different initiatives to help curb the in-game chat and mail spam of credit sellers. Some examples of what was done today include:

• Banning of thousands of credit selling accounts.
  • Closing a loophole in an existing promotion, that allowed credit sellers to quickly and easily make accounts which could send you in-game mail and access the fleet.
  • Made adjustments to some existing automated functions to better catch credit sellers.
  • And more... (we don't want to reveal everything we are doing to the credit sellers )
Keep in mind that when it comes to catching credit sellers, as we make adjustments, so do they. It is a constant game of cat and mouse, but it is one that we will continue to focus on aggressively. For this reason, it is important that you continue to always report these spammers and credit sellers as you see them. I know sometimes it seems like we aren't taking action, but I promise that your reports are critical in our ability to find and take action against credit sellers.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
DarthWoad wrote:
Oh finally. :d Do you know how many credits that were deleted along with their accounts?

Good question, but the answer gets a little complicated. What most of you associate credit selling with are the in-game mail and messages that you receive. The spammers. That is only a part of the networks associated with credit sellers. Your question is actually related to the distributors. Those are the accounts which are holding, hiding, and constantly moving the credits, they are not the same as the spammers.

That being said, we aren't going to go into detail on the trillions of credits that we just took out of the game with this wave of action.

-eric

Double-Bladed Saber Size Increase:
TaitWatson wrote:
Hey everyone,

This is not a stealth change to the size of Dualsabers, don't worry. This is a bug with the data that sets the size of the weapon. It's actually happening to all weapon types, but is the most noticeable on Dualsabers. We are going to have our engineers look at the problem, and should have a fix in an upcoming patch.

-Tait

Regarding SWTOR's New 'Premium' Status:
EricMusco wrote:
DarkLordSnake wrote:
Eric, by far this is the BEST trailer you have done so far! It absolutely blew my mind, I cannot wait for this!
Question however, "Be a Premium player", does that mean Subscriber status? I got a bit confused upon reading Premium, but I did see a mention of it as (Subscriber Status) so if that's the case, as long as we are subscribed we don't have to preorder the expansion? We still get early access for it?
Premium is the same as subscriber. It works just like KOTFE in that there isn't anything to buy, premium members (subscribers) get it for free.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Dunderheid wrote:
So how does this apply to 60-day non-recurring subscribers? Some of us are wondering. Do we need to switch to a recurring payment to be premium? If so, then your statement is not quite accurate. Please clarify.
Good question!

The simple way to think of it is that anytime we would have said the word subscriber, we now say premium. That means that while you are inside of your game time card, you are a subscriber. Premium is not directly tied to recurring, it just means you have active sub time on your account.

-eric

Regarding 'Pre-ordering' of Knights of the Eternal Throne:
EricMusco wrote:
No pre-ordering needed if you are already a subscriber. Similar to KOTFE, Eternal Throne is free to all subscribers. So as long as you have an active subscription, you will access the expansion.

-eric
Posted Oct 17, 16
Empire
Musco's Breakdown of the NYC Community Cantina:
EricMusco wrote:
Jamtas wrote:
So I appreciate that Cristina Petrarca did some live tweeting during the Cantina of the information spoken of to go along with the site updates from Friday. (and thanks to Dulfy for linking them all as well)

However, I just wanted to see if Eric, Ben or Charles was going to make a post summing everything up that was discussed as well so we can get some clear idea of everything?

-Are chapters being released all at once for the "binging", in batches?
-Mention of a livestream in January regarding operations. Is that true, or is it not operations but Group content of which we won't describe what kind until then?
-More livestreams to come to go into more detail on Uprisings, alerts, etc?
-End Date for DvL?
-New PvP maps/new types?
-GSF content?

Just wanted to see if there was any official word on these to counter the speculation that is occurring in the absence of clarity.

Thanks in advance!
I got you covered:
  • All 9 Chapters are being released with Eternal Throne's launch.
  • What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.
  • PvP / GSF - Refer to answer above about Operations // stream in January.
-eric

Imperial Intelligence suddenly collectively decided to pick up sword fighting?:
TaitWatson wrote:
Hey folks,

For starters, I do want to confirm that this is definitely a bug. The entire Galaxy hasn't up and armed themselves. It's actually related to the larger weapons bug, and the team is looking into it! I'm hoping for a 4.7.3 fix.

-Tait

Galactic Command Overview Livestream:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

We are going to be hosting our first KOTET livestream on Monday, October 17th at 2PM Pacific (4PM Central). We will talking through the recent Eternal Throne announcement, going through an overview of the new Galactic Command system, and more. Join Ben, Charles, and myself as we kick off our first Eternal Throne livestream.

When: Monday, October 17th
When: 2PM Pacific (4PM Central)
Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
gabigool wrote:
Will this include details on Uprisings or will that be discussed separately?

Thanks
We will talk generally about Uprisings, but details will be coming a bit later on.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
blackphantome wrote:
Too late for watching it here in Germany... Will be able to watch the stream thursday evening.

@Eric: Will there be a summary to read the most important things?

PS: Is it possible - after nearly 5 years - to establish a time where in the US it is not too early and in Europe not too late for the players? Don't know what 8pm in Germany is in the US.
Yup, there will be a recap. Right now we are hoping to publish a Galactic Command overview blog around the time of the stream which will serve as a recap of the stream. I will probably also throw up some discussion threads as well to address any questions!

-eric

PS - I hear ya on the timing of the streams. It is really challenging to find a time where we can get viewership in the states, can have folks from the studio available, and not be too late for EU.
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

Happy Monday morning to you! Today is going to be the Galactic Command Overview livestream and I wanted to let you know a few things about the stream. Let's take a look at the schedule of what we are going to go over on today's stream:

• Dark vs Light Event Status and Timing
  • The Knights of the Eternal Throne Announcement Recap
  • Overview of Galactic Command System
  • What is Command Rank?
  • What are Command Crates?
  • Current Subscriber Promotions
  • The Eternal Throne Livestream and Blog plan
  • Wrap-up
One of the things that we are going to touch on during the stream are the general itemization changes that are happening in Eternal Throne. This topic can get very complex and so we aren't going to be going into a ton of detail on the livestream. However, once the stream is over I am going to be making a couple of forum posts which will provide some more insight into our itemization plans and be a place where you can ask questions you may have about them. I will stick around in the thread after the stream and throughout the week answering any questions you guys have.

I will see you later today on the stream

-eric
Posted Oct 17, 16
Empire
Regarding the Conclusion of the Dark vs. Light Event:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

I wanted to let you all know that the Dark vs Light event will be ending on Tuesday, November 29th. There was a Twitter post from the official account which listed the end date as December 2nd. That was in error and is not correct.

Once again, DvL will be ending on 11/29. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Posted Oct 17, 16
Empire
Galactic Command Overview:
SWTOR.com wrote:
Galactic Command Overview

GalacticCommandOverview_854x480.jpg

Galactic Command is a brand new progression system coming in Star Wars™: The Old Republic’s™ newest expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. Premium players (subscribers) who have reached Level 70 can access Galactic Command from anywhere! This system puts everything in the universe at your fingertips, accessible through one interface. With every battle you face, including Warzones, Operations, new erupting action-packed Uprisings, you earn Command Rank, unlocking increasingly more powerful rewards and impacting the balance between light and dark side forces galaxy-wide.

Galactic Command – Power at Your Fingertips
To access the Galactic Command interface, simply press CTRL+G by default, or you can click the Galactic Command icon which is located at the top of your screen. With the interface open, you will see that you are now able to queue for Daily/Heroic Missions, Story Chapters, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Operations, PvP Warzones, and Galactic Starfighter (Space PvP battles). Galactic Command offers three Difficulty modes, Story, Veteran and Master , in most of the combat missions. If your chosen mission offers the ability to choose your level of difficulty, you will see a toggle you can access to set your chosen Difficulty level. The exception is Operations which you can only play in story mode when accessed through the Galactic Command interface. However, you can still access them normally in Veteran and Master difficulty.

Galactic Command offers access to all of your favorite activities along with a new Command Bonus every day, making it worthwhile to play something new each day! When an activity has a Command Bonus, you earn bonus Command Experience points each time you play. Be sure to check back each day to see which activity has a Command Bonus.

Command Rank
Earning Command Rank is achieved by playing almost any activity in the game. Every time you play, you earn Command Experience points which increases your Command Rank, earning you rewards in the form of new Command Crates. The Command Experience Points you earn are based on a few factors: the difficulty of the activity (Story, Veteran, Master), how many players are required, and how long it takes to complete. For example, you will earn substantially more Command Experience Points for completing a Master Difficulty Operation than you will for completing a Heroic Mission. The goal is to reward the highest level of Command Experience points for Master Operations, Ranked Warzones, and Master Uprisings .

At the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne, each time you earn a new Command Rank, you will be given a Command Crate. Increasing your Command Rank and earning Command Crates will now be the primary method through which players with max level characters can continue to increase the level of their gear. As a result, you can now gear your character by playing virtually any activity in the game!

Command Crates contain multiple items including Companion Gifts, cosmetic weapons and armor, mounts, pets, and the most powerful gear in the game. As your Command Rank increases, so does the level of gear you receive . As an example (numbers are just an example), if you get a Command Crate at Command Rank 50 it will contain more powerful gear then you would have received at Command Rank 1.

Dark vs. Light Side Battles
Starting with Knights of the Eternal Throne, players will be able to choose whether they are fighting for the dark or light side of the Force™. Upon doing so, all actions, including killing elite enemies, completing Missions, and making story choices will contribute to the ongoing dark vs. light side war on each server .
These Dark and Light side choices will influence the balance of the two sides of the Force on each server, reflected on the dark vs. light side meter shown at the bottom of the Galactic Command interface. As one side begins to dominate, players will begin to see the impact all around them. For example, if the dark side is growing stronger (i.e. reaching “Dark 4”), suddenly players may see Sith Acolytes begin spawning and attacking Alderaan and Tatooine! Keep your eyes open as your efforts change the galaxy around you.

To be declared the winner of the dark vs. light side war, one side must reach “Dark 5” or “Light 5”. Upon winning, a few things will happen on the server based on your character’s alignment. If your character is aligned with the winning side (e.g., your character is dark side, and the dark side won the war on your server), you will reap the following benefits:

• Bonus Command Experience points earned
  • Access to a special cosmetic item vendor

If your character’s alignment matches the losing side (e.g., your character is light side, and the light side lost the war), they will receive the following benefits:

• A bonus to all light side points earned

Your galaxy will remain in a “victory state” for a period of time before the war resets. However, this time, the losing side will have an advantage to try to swing the balance back in their favor.

Galactic Command offers ongoing challenges and rewards every time you log in to play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Whether you are playing alone in your favorite gameplay mission to gain Command Rank, or joining with other players or Guilds to win the Dark vs Light side war, Galactic Command will keep you fighting for control of your galaxy!

Gearing Changes in Eternal Throne:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

One of the things we talked a bit about on the stream is that there are gearing changes happening with Knights of the Eternal Throne. This thread is meant to give you a few more details on some of the things that will be happening in KOTET, along with being a place that I can address questions or concerns you have with these changes. First, here are the details on how gearing will work at level 70:

• Once you hit level 70, the source of end-game gear will be Command Crates from Galactic Command.
  • Most activities in the game will earn Command Experience Points (CXP), which will earn you Command Ranks. Each time your Command Rank increases, you earn a Command Crate.
  • The higher your Command Rank, the better gear that will drop from your Command Crates.
  • The highest difficulty Operations and Uprisings, along with Ranked Warzones are intended to be the fastest ways to earn CXP. This means they are the fastest way to get the best gear.
  • Both PvP and PvE gear will come from Command Crates. Their gear is now shared as Expertise is being removed (head to this thread to discuss PvP/PvE itemization specifically).
  • Gear will no longer drop from bosses as all gear will come from Command Crates. All cosmetic/unique drops will still remain on those bosses (Stronghold Decorations, Wings of the Architect, etc.).
  • Players will be able to craft comparable item level gear without set bonuses.

That should cover most of the basic changes coming to itemization in KOTET. I know this is a lot to take in, so please ask any questions you may have in this thread and I will work to answer what I can!

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Jerba wrote:
What happens to Priority Ops?
Priority Ops will no longer exist. They are sort of replaced in that Operations can be the daily bonus, which will award bonus CXP for doing them.

Rolodome wrote:
Is there a cap to command rank? As in, for example, you reach "level 100 command rank" and you can progress no further?

EDIT: Also, will any of this affect gearing prior to level 70?
There is a cap. When you hit the cap you continue to earn CXP and fill your bar so that you "level." When this happens and you are at the cap you will get a Command Crate but not level up.

No effect below level 70.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
JackJack wrote:
3 questions

1. Just to clarify, you only have to hit level 70 to access command ranks, and not complete KOTET story, correct?

2. Is there a max level for command ranks?

3. Once we hit that level, will there be any other way to obtain rewards that we didn't get?

Thanks
1) Correct, you only need to be level 70 to access GC.
2) Yes there is a max level (still in flux)
3) Yup, check this.
EricMusco wrote:
Jamtas wrote:
also, what happens to all current commendations? do they turn into points or just rendered worthless?
Current Commendations will be going away, we will have more details in the coming weeks on their conversion.
De-mu-noki wrote:

• Yup, the drops will be random. The item type is determined by your Advanced Class and the item rating is determined by your Command Rank (higher rank = higher item rating). Keep in mind that you can always earn more Crates and that you can disintegrate any duplicate or unwanted items into CXP to get your next Crate faster.

• Yes. All end-game gear (level 70+) can be earned by doing almost any activity. However, someone doing Nightmare (Master) level Operations, as an example, will get there substantially faster than someone doing easy/solo content.
EricMusco wrote:
HomerMorisson wrote:
So how are F2P/Preferred players supposed to get OP-worthy gear after KotET launches?
F2P and Preferred players will be unable to earn end-game gear since they will not have access to Galactic Command (GC). If they were a subscriber who went preferred and had earned gear through GC we won't take it away, but they will be unable to earn additional gear (through Command Ranks) until they subscribe. They can still get gear through Crafting, that is unchanged.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
unibim wrote:
What about below 70 gear? We will be naked?
You will still get gear from all of the normal sources pre-70. Flashpoint bosses, Mission drops, etc. The only exception is that you can no longer get gear for Commendations. The planetary vendors which sold mods for Commendations will now do so for credits instead.

-eric

PvP and PvE Gearing in Eternal Throne:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

As we talked about a bit on the stream, there are some gearing changes happening with Knights of the Eternal Throne. For starters, I recommend you read this thread where I have provided more detail on the changes. The purpose of this thread is to go over how these changes will impact PvE and PvP gearing. Here are some more of those details:

• Expertise is being removed from the game.
  • Any color crystals which have Expertise on them will be converted to a new type of color crystal – Mastery.
  • There is no longer an Expertise requirement to get into Ranked Warzones, this will be replaced with a Valor requirement.
  • PvE and PvP will share the same gear in Eternal Throne.
  • Crystals and Warzone Commendations will also be phased out in Eternal Throne, we will have more details on our conversion plans in the coming weeks.

That covers an overview of how the changes will impact PvP and PvE gear in Eternal Throne. Please let me know of any questions you may have and I will work with the team to get you answers.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
ShadowLordIV wrote:
Since bosses will no longer drop gear in operations will there be lock outs on the operations?
Yup, lockouts will still remain in place. Although they don't directly drop gear they will still drop their other cosmetic rewards and will be one of the best sources of Command Experience Points.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Pietrastor wrote:
Balancing will be the key. If doing Opses rewards, say, 4x the Galactic Points than anything else thus effectively dumps way more crates on you faster, then it will still be totally worth to do Ops and gear the fastest this way.
Bonus aside, it is the goal that fastest way to earn CXP will be through the hardest difficulty Operations and Uprisings, along with Ranked Arenas.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Tsillah wrote:
How can you do the hardest difficulties without having gear first? This seems contradictory to me. Surely you first need a decent set of gear before you can touch NiM?
Fair point, but that isn't too dissimilar to how it works now. If you are someone who loves Operations, as an example. You may start in Story Operations to get your Command Rank up and gear up until your character is ready to move into Master (Nightmare).

In general the rule for CXP is that the more players that participate in content, and the harder that content is, the faster you earn it. Although it isn't as fast a Master Operation, doing a Story Operation is still worth more CXP then doing Heroics would be.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
BenKatarn wrote:
Will this mean that any War Hero color crystals unlocked in collections will be converted into these new Mastery crystals?
Correct.
Posted Oct 17, 16
Donor
Neutral
Source

SneakyMan wrote:
Will item rating give an advantage over other players with lower item rating gear in Warzones?
PvE gear focused on having more accuracy, what is the case for PvP?
Will the PvE relics as we know them now activate in PvP?
Will the gear from command crates only be relative to the players current advanced class discipline?
Will command crate gear Bind on Pickup, Bind to Legacy or Bind on Equip?
Can galactic command crate gear be planted into legacy gear?
Will you accept my friend request? I saw you and Snave are BFF's and I feel left out.
EricMusco wrote:
I'll take a crack at these!
Yup. Having an item rating advantage would mean that you have higher stats. In Warzones especially there would be other factors at play such as any stat optimization and of course individual player skill.
There will certainly be some gear that has Accuracy, but the current intention is that the armor sets will be moddable so you could always change the mods to add or remove a stat, such as Accuracy.
We are still working out exactly how this will effect relics.
It is based on Advanced Class, not Discipline.
The gear will be bind on pickup, currently the other items in the crates (such as cosmetic items, etc) are bind on equip.
Currently, the end-game gear that comes from crates is moddable so you can add/remove the mods.
We are now best friends SnEaKy

Source

ZambedosNB wrote:
1) Will all armor-type gear that drops from command crates have set bonus or will you need to progress to a certain Command level before you can start getting those?
2) Will the bolster remain in SM ops? Will level 50 players still be able to enter SM ops?
3) Currently if you're going into an operation there is about a 5/8 chance of getting a piece of gear, since the ratio of piece to players is 5:8. Can we expect anything near 5/8th of a Command crate for completing an op or is it much more/less? I'd imagine it will be tweaked some since before you could do SM ops all day long and not be working towards 224s and in this system you would be. However, if you can do two complete HM operations and still not get a single gear drop, I'd say the system is failing. While this can happen in the current system the odds are against it happening and there is also the chance for a better than average result: getting 2(+) pieces of gear from two ops. A sort of bell-curve type scenario whereas this new system is much more linear.
EricMusco wrote:
First off, keep the posts coming everyone! I am still going to try to answer as many questions as I can and I am continuing to pass your feedback on to the dev team. Now, for your questions:

1) You can get gear that has your set bonus as early as the very first Command Crate you receive at Command Rank 1.
2) Bolster will still exist in SM. If someone under level 70 is in an Operation they can still loot gear from the boss as they did before. It is when they hit level 70 that they will begin earning CXP instead towards Command Crates.
3) That is a fairly complicated question to answer, so, a few caveats. First, how many Command Crates you would earn from playing an Operation, for example, is dependent on a few factors. What is your current Command Rank, what difficulty is the Op, how many players are in the Op, etc. It is faster to level from Command Rank 1-2 than it will be at higher Command levels. The team is still turning the dials on CXP, but as we get closer to launch I will try to provide a more exact example of how much CXP you could earn in an Op/how many Crates.

Source

Ligurio wrote:
Can you tell us if we earn CXP by killing a boss in an operation or do we have to actually finish the operation ?
EricMusco wrote:
If you are in an Operation you will get CXP for the following things:
Killing any enemy which is "Gold" or higher (this includes any bosses).
Killing the boss will grant each person in the Operation a BoP consumable which grants a burst of CXP.
If you queued through group finder, you will receive bonus CXP for completing the Op
Posted Oct 19, 16
Empire
Galactic Command – Dark vs Light:
SWTOR.com wrote:
Galactic Command – Dark vs Light
An exciting new feature of Knights of the Eternal Throne is the Galactic Command system which gives you the ability to impact the balance of the Force™ in the ongoing dark vs. light war. Starting from your first moments in the game, you’ll be able to choose whether to fight for the dark or light side of the Force™. If you change your allegiance, it’s no problem – changing sides can be done at any time. Plus, all of your actions, including killing enemies, completing Missions, and making choices throughout your story will determine your character’s alignment. Everything you do as part of your gameplay ultimately strengthens your impact on the dark vs. light side war by igniting explosive and unexpected dark and light side battles on your server. Let’s talk about how it all works!

Measuring Dark vs Light
Once you have selected your side, you will begin to earn dark or light side points. At this point, you will be able to see your character’s alignment as it changes reflected in your character window. You can view your alignment by pressing C (by default) and viewing the dark/light meter on the left side of the character window as shown here:

5Legendary_MercilessRighteous_Resize.png

As you earn points they get added to your server’s total dark or light side points, shifting the balance of the ongoing battle to one side or the other. To tell which way the battle is leaning, check the Galactic Command window (pressing CTRL_G) and view the dark vs. light meter at the bottom, as shown here:

GalacticCommandOverview_854x480.jpg

As one side moves closer to winning, you will see the changes reflected in the movement of the meter as one side’s color dominates the slider bar. As you can see, there are 5 “breakpoints” on each side, each representing a “level.” For example, if the light side is currently in the lead and their indicator looks like the following screenshot, then they would currently be at Light 3.

GCDvLLight3_Resize.jpg

Your character’s alignment directly impacts the progress of the dark vs. light battle on your server. Let’s talk about how what you do impacts which side wins the battle!

The Dark vs. Light Battle
As one side secures victory, the galaxy will begin to see the effects. For example, let’s say the dark side wins on your server and you are in Dark 5. Suddenly, you may begin to see dark side enemies emerging and attacking, such as a Sith Lord ready to strike against the Jedi Temple on Coruscant . Light side players can try to fend off the attack by rallying together to try to take down this new dark side threat which has emerged. Doing so may even earn them bonus command points or light side tokens to that can be used to purchase items from an exclusive light side vendor.

If your character’s alignment matches the alignment of the side winning on your server, you will earn a dark or light side token in addition to your normal Command Crate each time you gain a Command Rank. As an example, if your server is at Light 3 and you have a Light side character, you will earn a light side token each time you gain a Command Rank. If your character is dark side, you will only gain the normal Command Crate. So, as the dark vs. light side war is waged, your efforts will help your side to win the war on your server and you will get rewarded for your efforts!

Spoils of War
In order to win the battle, your server must reach “Dark 5” or “Light 5.” The side that reaches level 5 first is declared the winner of the battle! If your character’s alignment matches the winning side (your character is dark side and the dark side achieved “Dark 5”) you reap the following benefits:

• Bonus Command Experience points earned
  • Dark side tokens whenever you earn a Command Rank
  • Access to a special cosmetic item reward vendor

If your character’s alignment matches the losing side, don’t worry you get something as well (e.g., your character is light side, and the light side lost the war). You will receive the following benefits:

• A bonus to all light side points earned
  • You can take down dark side enemies spawning around the galaxy to earn light side tokens

As one side earns victory, the server enters a “victory state” for a period of time and then the battle resets. It is our goal that victories will happen multiple times every day, so be sure to check-in often! During this “victory state ,” the losing side receives a short-term advantage, as all of their alignment point gains will be increased during that time ! Whether you are playing alone or you band together with friends and Guild mates to fight the dark vs. light battle, Galactic Command adds a new level of dark vs. light competition to your gameplay as you continue to fight for your side… for rewards and glory!

Maintenance: Game Update 4.7.3:
TaitWatson wrote:
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on October 25 in order to apply Game Update 4.7.3. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: October 25 2016
TIME: 5:00 AM PDT - 9:00 AM PDT (13:00 BST - 17:00 BST)
VERSION: 4.7.3

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Patch Notes: Game Update 4.7.3:
SWTOR.com wrote:
Highlights
Bounty Contract Week Returns! Hunt wanted criminals in this returning event. The event begins November 24th at 4:00AM PST/12:00PM GMT and ends Dec 1st at 4:00AM PST/12:00PM GMT.

General

• The citizenry has laid down their arms and the galaxy is no longer filled with Training Vibrosword wielding NPCs.
  • Player weapons are now scaling correctly and are no longer oversized. The oversized weapons are no longer needed in the cold war against the Training Vibrosword wielding NPCs.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the rifle scope effect in Cinematics to be at an unintended angle.
  • The “Tree: Rishi Palm” Decoration now has the correct subcategory in the Decorations UI.

Cartel Market

• The following Cartel Market Passes are now Bind on Legacy:

• Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • Weekly Pass: Operations
  • Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 180-Day Starfighter Pass
  • 30-Day Starfighter Pass
  • 7-Day Starfighter Pass

• The Scavenger’s Luggerwahl Mount now has an associated Decoration.

Warzones
  • Warzone Commendation Grants are now Bind on Pickup.

Important Information About Cartel Market Passes:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

One of the things that we have talked about last week is our new Galactic Command system, only accessible to subscribers at Level 70. Galactic Command will serve as the single point of access for subscribers to earn rewards playing endgame content such as Operations and Warzones. As of the release of the Knights of the Eternal Throne, rewards from this gameplay is gained via Galactic Command, therefore passes are no longer viable. For example, a preferred player with a Weekly Pass: Operations would be able to play an Operation, but would not earn any rewards for doing so. Due to this change, we have removed all Passes from the Cartel Market.

The following passes have been removed from the Cartel Market:
  • Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • Weekly Pass: Operations
  • Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Additionally, these passes will be converted to Bind on Legacy with Game Update 4.7.3 coming on Tuesday October 25th. On November 29th all passes will then be removed from the game when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. We are still locking down exactly how we will compensate players who have unused passes as of November 29, and I will have more information to share regarding that next week. We recognize that players are interested in something similar to the Weekly Passes which would offer non-subscribers access to Galactic Command. We are exploring possible options and I will pass on updates as soon as we have them. As always, keep the feedback coming!

Thanks for your support.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Tsetso wrote:
Ok does that mean that in 5.0 pref won't be able to enter pvp and ops?
Preferred players will fall under the existing restrictions they have now. They can complete Flashpoints normally but with no rewards at level 70, a limited number of Warzones per week but they cannot access Operations.

-eric

Edit: Clarifying an error
EricMusco wrote:
Jerba wrote:
In the past, when they changed a BoE item to BoP, it would remain in the guild bank but the first player to take it out would have it bound to him.
To be on the safe side, you'll probably want to move it to an officer's bank slot before tomorrow so that the GM/officers have time to decide who is allowed to take out the passes, and you won't have members accidentally taking out passes with no way to give them back.
This is correct. Once the change has been made, it will bind to whomever takes it out of the Guild Bank.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Jerba wrote:
That is not correct AFAIK, Preferred can run unlimited flashpoints but can only get loot from the first three, unless this was changed with 4.0.
Can F2P and Preferred continue running unlimited flashpoints come 5.0?
I may have misspoke. Nothing is changing about how it works from right now, the exception is rewards. Once someone hits level 70, if they are not a subscriber they will not earn any Command Experience Points and therefore no rewards.

-eric

Warzone Commendation Grants in 4.7.3:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
kvandertulip wrote:
What about ranked season 6 comms? Weren't those supposed to be converted to Warzone Comms at the start of Season 8?
Season 6 Commendations will also convert to credits as they would have become WZ Comms, which are also becoming credits.
Zulufoxtrot wrote:
Are the crystal vendors, like those on the fleet that take commons for mods, going to remain and accept credits now?
Correct, they are going to remain in place and accept credits.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
BenKatarn wrote:
I really hope this won't mean you are going to remove the PVP weapons vendors from the fleets in 5.0. Those vendors sell some weapons you cannot get elsewhere anymore in moddable form.
This is the plan currently... All of the purely cosmetic items you can buy for PvP Commendations will still be in the game but purchasable for the prior Ranked Season tokens. We chose to do this over credits so that these cosmetic items would remain for PvPers. The Warzone consumables will now be purchasable for credits. The PvP tier gear and their vendors will be removed from the game with 5.0.

Hope that answers your question!

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
BenKatarn wrote:
...are you for real? You want to remove the vendors that sell moddable sabers and blasters instead of converting them to be purchasable by credits? I am not about the regular PVP vendors that sell PVP gear. I am not talking about the ranked season vendors. I am talking about the weapons vendors standing next to the PVP terminals that sell moddable weapons without stats for 900 WZ commendations. Some of these weapon models are no longer available as moddable in this game, besides these vendors.
Sorry, my post may have been unclear. The items you are describing, the moddable sabers and blasters, are cosmetic items. Therefore they are remaining in the game and can be purchased still after 5.0 for prior Season Ranked Tokens (S7 in this case).

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
DRMM wrote:
Please let us know what happens to those grants that are currently in Legacy Banks.
After tomorrow, they will bind to the character that removes them. I am not sure at this moment what will happen to them with 5.0, but I will get you that answer.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks!

Alright, so after talking with the team about the feedback in this thread, we are going to make a change. Instead of requiring prior Season Ranked Tokens in 5.0, each of the cosmetic items will now cost credits and have a minimum Valor requirement.

Now, I know the next question will be, what is the minimum requirement? We would actually like to hear from all of you on that front. What do you see as the minimum requirement to have access to the the various PvP cosmetic items? Which should have higher or lower Valor requirements, etc?

Thanks you again for your feedback, as always, keep it coming!

-eric
Posted Oct 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Loss of Nathema Zealot Set:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

There was an issue with Game Update 4.7.3 today which caused the Nathema Zealot Collections unlock to stop working. We are looking to get this addressed in the very near future. In the meantime, you can unequip and reequip the armor set to unlock it again in collections. When we fix the issue we will also refund any cartel coins for the account wide unlock, if you had purchased it before today.

I will pass on more information as I have it, thanks everyone.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Asmodesu wrote:
What about those of us who had unlocked it for a character, then deleted the items since they were bound and then unlocked in our collections?
I don't hang onto items that shouldn't need to, they take up too much cargo hold space, I purchased the set, bound it to a character so it unlocked it in collections (that character uses it in outfit 1 slots) then deleted the inventory items, what do I do to get it to unlock in collections for that character again since it's stamped to an outfit slot, not equipped as clothing so I cannot "unequip" it? or will someone from customer service make sure it unlocks again? we're talking a 20 USD purchase of cartel coins here (convert that to AUD for how much it actually cost me to buy enough cc to purchase the outfit), this is not acceptable.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't keep every item piece once it is unlocked properly in collections and almost 2 weeks have passed since unlocking it which is the only reason I bring it up here.
We will make sure that after we implement the fix, that your collection will work properly again. Either by granting you a full set along with a refund for the collection unlock, or by simply fixing the unlock itself. Once I have more information I will pass it on.

-eric

Maintenance: 27 October 2016 (4.7.3a):
TaitWatson wrote:
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline in order to apply Patch 4.7.3a tomorrow, October 27th. Right now, I am not able to provide a specific time, but wanted to post so you were aware that it was coming. I will provide at least an hour notice before we take the servers down.

Details:
DATE: 27 October 2016
TIME: TBD
VERSION: 4.7.3a

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

We discovered an issue following Game Update 4.7.3 where players who had the Nathema Zealot set were no longer able to unlock it in Collections. There was also an unintended side effect, anyone who should have had the Nathema Zealot Set in collections was able to unlock Senya’s Lightsaber Pike even if they never had the weapon. With our upcoming maintenance we will be addressing the both issues, but there are a few different situations someone could be in. Here are the various scenarios and the impact on you:

I had the Nathema Zealot set unlocked in Collections:

We will be refunding you the Cartel Coins from the unlock. We will also give you another full set of the armor in case you deleted the old one after unlocking it.

After the Collections unlock was bugged in 4.7.3, I re-equipped the item and unlocked it in Collections again:
Your “new” collection unlock will remain in place, we will just refund you for the original unlock so you haven’t been double charged.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike, what will happen to it:
Since this was unintended, we will be removing the Pike from anyone who received it through this method. If you happen to have placed any mods inside of the weapon you will receive those back as well.

I pulled down Senya’s Lightsaber Pike and also unlocked it in Collections:
We will be removing the Pike and Collections unlock from you since this was unintended. We will work to refund the CC you spent on the Collections unlock ASAP (it may not be tomorrow).

I received Senya’s Lightsaber Pike normally:
There will not be any effect on you. We can determine who received a Pike from the bug vs someone who got it normally.

That should cover all of the scenarios but if there is one I missed, feel free to ask about it. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Posted Oct 26, 16
Empire
Galactic Command - Uprisings:
SWTOR.com wrote:
Galactic Command -- Uprisings
Introducing Uprisings, a brand new combat experience that will launch with the Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion on December 2nd. Be at the center of action-packed 4-player battles that challenge players of all skill levels. Once you hit maximum level, you can jump into Uprisings through the Galactic Command interface, accessible from anywhere in the game. If you want to learn more about Galactic Command, head to our overview blog located here.

Uprisings_854x480.jpg

What is an Uprising?
What sets Uprisings apart from other activities such as Flashpoints and Operations? It’s simple. Uprisings are meant to be faster-paced and action-packed combat adventures where you must fight through multiple enemies at a time as you work your way towards more challenging foes. In Uprisings, you will jump into the action quickly, taking on some of the most dangerous foes in the galaxy. Those enemies have spawned these Uprisings, questioning the very power of your Alliance.

With the launch of Knights of the Eternal Throne you can customize your level of challenge in any Uprising, choosing from multiple challenge modes including Story and Veteran. Veteran Uprisings will be among the most challenging battles in the game. If you can succeed, playing through a Veteran Uprising will be one of the greatest sources of Command Experience Points that contribute to your Command Level, allowing you to unlock increasingly more powerful gear, weapons and more.

As you’re fighting through Uprisings, look for special power-ups located throughout the area to help aid you in your fight. These power-ups may include:

• Tempest Rocket Launcher - Fires an unstable prototype missile that explodes on contact to unleash torrents of lightning in all directions. Enemies caught in the blaze are electrocuted and stunned for 3 seconds while continuing to sustain heavy damage. Additionally, the initial impact deals massive concussive damage, knocking enemies backwards and down to the floor.
  • Thermal Devastator - The most powerful and feared explosive in the galaxy, the Thermal Devastator emits an incendiary concussive wave that sets enemies ablaze. While the initial impact sears foes in an all-consuming conflagration, the follow-up wave of force launches them through the air with bone-shattering force.
  • Combat Clarity - For a brief period of time you will able to move faster and use your most powerful abilities with reckless abandon.

With these power-ups at your disposal, you should be able to dispatch any Uprisings that appear throughout the Galaxy.

Get ready to join your friends and guildmates in fast and challenging Uprisings!

Cartel Market Pass Compensation:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

As we discussed in my previous post, the Cartel Market Access passes are all being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne early access on 11/29. One of the big questions that has come up from that announcement is what our compensation plans are for anyone who still has passes. Our plan is quite simple, for each pass that is present on an account as of 11/29 you will receive a 100% refund of Cartel Coins for the cost of the pass. Note that whether you directly purchased the pass from the Cartel Market or received it from another method such as the GTN, trade, etc. you will still receive the refunded Cartel Coins. As a reminder, here are the Cartel Coin costs for each of the passes which are being removed:

• 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Operations
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • 240 CC - Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 4,320 CC - 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 720 CC - 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 240 CC - 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Once Early Access launches on 11/29 all passes will be removed entirely from the game and players will see the Cartel Coins added to their account. It is important that any passes which are in Guild Banks are removed before this happens. If a pass is in a Guild Bank it will be deleted and no compensation will be provided.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Kyrrant wrote:
Is there going to be any replacement for these passes? Because if not, your statement from the Livestream of "nothing is changing for Preferred" is pretty clearly outright wrong.
Apologies for any confusion in my answer. What I meant is that the normal access that they get as being a Preferred member is not changing. I was not including what they could access by spending additional money (or credits from the GTN), just their standard access.

To answer your question, as we said in the other post we are exploring possible options but I have nothing more on that right now.

Commendation Conversions in Eternal Throne:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

As we have discussed previously, Warzone Commendations and Commendation Crystals are being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne. Our intention is that all of these currencies will be converted into credits on 11/29 when early access starts. Here are the conversion rates for each currency:

1 Warzone Commendation = 50 Credits
1 Common Crystal = 500 credits
1 Glowing Crystal = 1,000 credits
1 Radiant Crystal = 1,500 credits

Upon logging in on 11/29 each of these currencies will be completely removed from the game and the appropriate credits will have been granted to each character on your account. Note that there is a 2 million credit per character limit on this conversion. Please check the conversion table above, if you would earn more than 2 million credits on a character, we recommend that you spend the appropriate currency before that time so that it is not lost. If you have any questions about this conversion, let us know.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
rantboi wrote:
fleet comms are staying?
Yup! Fleet Commendations will remain in the game, unchanged.

-eric

Crafting in Eternal Throne:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

As we discussed yesterday on the livestream, one of the goals of crafting is that it will be a mechanism where someone can gear up an alt, catch up to their friends, or even gear an off-spec. With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods. However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

If that is confusing let me give you some examples using made up numbers from Fallen Empire:
Tier 1 – 216 with set bonus
Tier 2 – 220 with set bonus
Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

You would be able to craft at the following ratings:
Tier 1 – 216 without a set bonus
Tier 2 – 218 without a set bonus
Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.
Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.
Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

This is a summary of how crafting relates to gearing in Eternal Throne. Let me know if you have any questions.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Jerba wrote:
Does this mean that you can only craft "222" mods, no "224" mods?

What about earpieces/implants/relics, are those craftable on the same level as Tier 3 Command gear?

Also, what about the Crystal of Nightmare Fury, will it require the mats from Operations/PvP, or something else?
Correct, you will be able to craft mods which are slightly under the top item rating.

The same rules apply, you cannot craft the top item rating, but slightly under it.

I am not sure at the moment. Let me work on getting the answer to that!

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Kiesu wrote:
What will be happening to old mats like Dark Matter Catalyst? Will they turn into something else again?
They will remain unchanged and can still be used for crafting 4.0 schematics.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
mefager wrote:
what about augmentations? will there be mk-10 or it will stay at mk-9?
There will be a new level of augments, MK-10, which will be taught by a trainer.

-eric
Posted Nov 2, 16
Empire
KOTET Livestream - 11/3:
EricMusco wrote:
Hey folks,

We are making a slight change in the schedule for weekly livestreams. Originally tomorrow's stream was going to cover combat changes. We are going to move that stream out and we are replacing it with repeatable Chapters. We are going to showcase a KOTFE Chapter and show the difference between story and veteran difficulty along with answering any gameplay questions you may have about Chapters. Also, Charles will be answering story questions about KOTFE and how they tie into KOTET!

Here are the stream details:
When: Thursday, November 3rd
When: 4PM Central, 2PM Pacific
Where: www.twitch.tv/swtor

We know that everyone is anxious to hear more about the Class/combat changes coming with KOTET. We will be making posts throughout the week, next week, with a highlight of some of the changes we are making.

Thanks!

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Kaze-Yama wrote:
Why make a schedule if you can't follow it? Why not give a better explanation for why you are changing things? It only gives a bad impression as if you don't actually know what the class changes will be 1 month before the launch.

Knowing the class changes is something everyone wants to know I would rather learn about the story and difficulty as I play.
Totally fair questions! In short, we are looking at adding a new stream to our schedule with some special guests (so you can see some new faces beyond Charles, Ben, and I). Adding that into the schedule shook things up a bit so we needed to make some changes. The outcome is the following:

• Repeatable Chapters are a good follow-on topic from Uprisings since it relates to content difficulties, so we shifted that up to this week's stream.
  • We know Class changes are a topic you guys want to learn about ASAP. That information will now happen outside of a livestream. Our plan is to have those posts up Monday, possibly Tuesday.
  • We will likely host our stream with special guests next week, more info soon.

Hope that explains the changes.

-eric
EricMusco wrote:
Rolodome wrote:
Well, I thought of it because Eric has admitted on the livestreams that he's not that great with dates and days, as there was a thing with him almost having something on Thanksgiving. So I figured it's possible that he put together the schedule not thinking about it being on a Thursday and as they got to today, they realized the 3rd is a Thursday and decided class changes were something better suited for beginning of the week.

They have not changed much, but Eric has been pretty good with the expansion info about being in there in the announcement threads and responding to questions.
1) I am hilariously bad with dates and times. 2) Although we try to not drop information late on Fridays, so we can answer questions. Timing in this case was more about the stream schedule getting shifted around. 3) There is still an 80% chance I forget to move the Thanksgiving stream date on the presentation...I really should go do it right now.

-eric
Posted Nov 2, 16
Page
of 21
NoticeNotices