There isn't a public outcry in the community because the community for bounty hunting like this is tiny, but when I have 10 plus people inform me of an incident and I've spent the better half of 12+ plus hours dealing with a situation that could've been avoided if the rules were clearer. I am not doing a massive overhaul - I am going to redo the rules so they are clear, fully understandable and easy to find, access and see. There are things I wish to add, yes, but those I will not simply add without getting opinions on them. And the 'currently' post was back in June. You'll forgive me if my mind changes and I wish to give a bit of life and variety to the board.
Some of the things I wish to make clear and address which are already rules
- If you are working in a joint partnership, you must declare that you have done so on the bounty post
- Making it clear that if someone is taking part in a bounty posted here, they are to listen to what the Mark requests and tells them. The Mark is essentially a DM of the bounty. The bounty is an invitation to roleplay with them in a specific situation and purpose.
- Additional bounties or bonuses added to a bounty must be done here, on the boards. Not in someone's private discord.
Some of the things I wish to look at and add
- Bounties on the Promenade, as well as engagements on the Promenade, or similar high populace and very public locations.
- Better perks and better tier system for bounty hunters.
- A tier system for bounty types - A bounty on a Sith is a different ballgame than a bounty on a smuggler.
If people have suggestions or ideas, I'm happy to see them posted here.
As for the events, I'll be posting about them on the bounty in question, or you can DM me in discord.