Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1337]
A pair of spacers have been seen entering the Dealer's Den Cantina. (Warren Bastra and Alexandra Nikolavea, Coruscant 2)
Departed
4 hours ago
hello
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 20

The Ebon Hawk Contractor's Board Discussion

198 replies
Republic
Yeah, that comes down to the host. It's not really a rule that's stated, but if you do find out the bounty is in some crazy impossible location, drop 'em a message. Either way, it's a good point to consider when hosting bounties. People shouldn't feel turned away by this. At the same time, some people do like to use it to get to neat little places for RP.

Also, battles do not necessarily have to take place within the emote range (41 meters) if the group is in a party. Rolls can be seen up to 90 meters (I think) and emotes can be posted in group/ops chat for long distance fights!

Hope you continue to have fun with the bounty system!
o7
Posted Sep 5, 16 · Last edited Sep 5, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
I honestly don't mind searching. I think the main point I attempted to make, and probably did so badly - was that platforming to certain spots is aggravating to people that have a hard time doing it in the first place. My only real concern is that we shouldn't -have- to do that in order to reach a target. Having to search around and whisper about OOC for a clue here and there is one thing, but platforming to reach certain spots is another.

I get that people want to be hard to find, though. While jumping from pipe to pipe or ledge to ledge might be easy for you, it doesn't always come as naturally to others. That's all I am trying to say, really. If I plummet to my death while trying to get up to a bounty that is in a hard to reach spot, it's just... disheartening.

Finding a place that's relatively easy to access by everyone regardless of platforming skill shouldn't be something that is too hard to do, all while making a target hard to locate.

Honestly, yes... I agree wholeheartedly. Although it might be cool to climb up on top of a mountain, through unseen stairsteps that can only be found if you know about it, and watching the hunters scatter around like ants... I had more fun during my own bounty, going out and doing stuff. Laying traps for hunters, doing actual things that put my character at risk, rather than just standing around in one place for a few hours, before going offline. I think the whole process needs to be active and engaging, to make the thrill of the hunt even greater than a large game of hide-and-go-seek.

Not the best example, because we can't do all the same shit. But I like to think a bounty hunter would be more likely to stumble along somebody doing their day-to-day thing, rather than a person with a mark sitting on top of a tower for the rest of his life...

Posted Sep 5, 16 · Last edited Sep 5, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
In a recent bounty fight, using advice and suggestions from Rax, an NPC was made use of to aid the hunter. It made the fight a little more interesting and unexpected, so I'd like to follow my experience up with some suggestions for anyone else who'd like to make use of an NPC minion, either as a hunter or a mark.

• NPCs have half the health of a player, two HP each.
  • Critical 20s do not do double damage for them.
  • NPCs cannot make use of any perks their player has.
  • Using them should increase the HP of the one facing them if that person is alone, same as with players.
Posted Jan 10, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
ADVICE SOUGHT:

Where/how should I post a request for contracts of all types?

I'm going to be helping bring an immersive play for the underworld at Point Nelere's Contractor Fair in February. Someone suggested to me that I play a contract/bounty handler for the event.

So, that means I need a good number of contracts to fill, and I've got my teeth in many other creative projects. I'm too busy to generate and play these out myself, but I love the idea of networking ICly and bringing the community of RPers together, even if that means I'm literally just the quest giver.

Hopefully, these contracts would be a step (or ten) above the normal holonet contracts. High pay, high hazard, and a good bit of information for the hired guns to plan with.

It seems this forum is driven on posting the contracts themselves. So, I thought I would start with this thread here and ask how to post such a request.

Thanks for your input in advance!
lFLFHbw.png

Referral Thingy
Posted Jan 17, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
Do you mean making bounties of the high risk, high pay type for people to attempt or something else?
Posted Jan 18, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Empire
What would you specifically be requesting? Can you give an example?
2624936.jpg
Forum Sig by Lesatho
Texal Legacy Tumblr
Posted Jan 18, 17 · OP
Neutral
Do you mean making bounties of the high risk, high pay type for people to attempt or something else?

Yes, exactly that.

After talking with some on the side, it seems the best place for me to do what I want to do is on a planning thread. Thanks!
lFLFHbw.png

Referral Thingy
Posted Jan 18, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral

Yes, exactly that.

After talking with some on the side, it seems the best place for me to do what I want to do is on a planning thread. Thanks!

You could still do that with this board, to be fair. The contracts here are less of a rule and more of a guide into making an easy to get into bounty. You can adapt them to your own needs somewhat easily and Rax is likely to help if you need any.

My suggestion would be perhaps creating a set of bounties and having some people play them, so you can focus on creating the story whilst they bring the life to it if you don't have the time to do each yourself.
Posted Jan 18, 17
Neutral

My suggestion would be perhaps creating a set of bounties and having some people play them, so you can focus on creating the story whilst they bring the life to it if you don't have the time to do each yourself.

Thanks for the advice. I'm really hoping to be an intermediary more than an originator. Creating bounties for other to play both the bounty and the hunter isn't something I feel I have the skills to do yet.

Given that I'm neither creating nor participating in a bounty (just an intermediary), I've been asked to post it elsewhere, but thanks for the suggestion!
lFLFHbw.png

Referral Thingy
Posted Jan 18, 17
Neutral
I've noticed that there are a number of bounties still posted up that while have not had any "action" in them for some time, have not been removed or marked as canceled in any way. They are"

White Tempest

Kiandra Kroft

Mando Terrorists

Are these in any way still active? Been gone for a bit but just coming back and would like to get "back in the game" so to speak.
Posted Apr 22, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 20
NoticeNotices